Kale Garlic Pesto (with or without oil)
A family favorite topping in our home, this can even be prepared ahead of time and in our Baked Pesto Tofu.
Serving Size: 14-16 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes
💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE
- 1 c. Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 c. Kale Leaves
- 4 TB pine nuts
- 4 TB Nutritional Yeast
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt (sea salt preferred)
- 3 TB extra virgin Olive Oil
- 4 TB Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Extra TB of water/Vegetable Broth
- Blend first five (5) ingredients until ingredients become like a thick, spreadable paste.
- Add TB of oil, while continuously blending
- Proceed to add vegetable broth until reaching the desired thickness.
- Use immediately by tossing with banza pasta (cook as directed) and add diced tofu (seared/cooked as desired). Store in the refrigerator and use within 7 days. Can be frozen until used, up to 1-2 months.
- Use fresh basil and kale, destemmed
- Walnuts can be substituted for Pine Nuts.
- Sunflower Oil, ground pumpkin seeds or even vegetable broth can substituted for Olive Oil.