Shhh - the secret in this recipe is Pea Protein and LENTILS! Your kids will never suspect these ingredients and will only about how super tasty they are. Each cookie is packed with about 5 grams of protein and 1.5 g of fiber.
Serving Size: 20 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL-FREE
- 210 g of Almond Flour, sifted
- 60 g of Pea Protein Powder
- 3/4 - 1 c. Coconut Sugar (adjust sugar as desired)
- 3 TB Organic raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder (aluminum free)
- 1/4 tsp Iodized Salt
- 1/2 c. Cooked and unseasoned lentils, drained
- 1/2 c. Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 TB flax mixed with 3 TB water (set aside until thickened)
- 1/3 c. Vegan chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 TB Water, as needed
- Preheat Oven 350 Degrees and lay parchment paper over baking sheets
- In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients, sifting if needed
- In blender, combine lentils, applesauce vanilla and flax mix
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. You can also use a beater/mixer, but ok to use a fork.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon 1" mixture onto parchment paper, shaping into cookies
- Flatten all cookies to be about 1/4" thick
- Bake for 20 minutes until cooked through, rotating halfway
- Remove and cool - consistency should be somewhat fudgy but slightly crisp on the outside. I cut ours into shapes with a cookie cutter since who doesn't like eating cute cookies?!
- Ok to sub Gluten Free Flour or All Purpose Flour (will not be gluten free) for the Almond Flour 1:1 Ratio
- Ok to substitute Applesauce for Vegan butter (or dairy butter) or even oil at a 1:1 Ratio
- Ok to substitute Coconut Sugar for Brown Sugar, Cane Sugar or even Stevia/Swerve/Allulose depending on lifestyle.