Hug in a Mug (Protein Cake)
Who says healthy vegan desserts have to be bland? This delicious mug cake is like a warm hug in a cup. Part cake? Part fudgy brownie? Who knows - but it will envelope you with 100% happiness. This is also a fun dessert to let your kiddos make!
Serving Size: 1 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 1 minutes💚VEGAN 💚GLUTEN FREE 💚OIL-FREE
- 1 TB gluten free flour
- 1 TB Pea or other Vegan Protein Powder
- 1-2 TB Coconut Sugar, to taste
- 1-2 TB Organic raw cacao powder, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 TB Non-Dairy Protein Milk
- 2 TB unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 TB Raw Cacao Nibs
- Mix all dry ingredients except raw cacao nibs in a microwavable mug
- Add in wet ingredients and mix until well blended
- Top mixture with Raw Cacao Nibs
- Microwave for 45 sec - 1 minute on high. I like the outside of any baked goods a little drier. You can adjust time as needed or based on microwave, but even at 1 minute it was still fugdy on the inside.
- Ok to sub Gluten Free Flour or All Purpose Flour (will not be gluten free) for the Almond Flour 1:1 Ratio
- Ok to substitute Protein Milk for regular Non-Dairy
- Ok to substitute Applesauce for 1 TB flax mixed with 3 TB water (set aside until thickened)
- Ok to substitute Coconut Sugar for Cane Sugar or even Stevia/Swerve/Allulose depending on lifestyle.
- Ok to substitute Raw Cacao Nibs for Enjoy Life Vegan Chips, or any chocolate chips depending on lifestyle.