Cashew Chocolate Dip
This whipped chocolate dip is so rich - we dare you to just eat one spoonful! Aside from a decadent dessert, it's light enough to be used as fruit/snack dip, filling for filo cups, cakes, cookie sandwiches, and more. It's also highly recommend you make extra if you don't like sharing ;)
Serving Size: 1.5 - 1.75 cups Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 1 minutes
- 3/4 c. cashews, raw (see tips below regarding blending)
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds
- 3 TB coconut sugar, to taste (See notes for WFPB tip)
- 3 TB raw cacao powder, to taste
- 3/4 c water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Blend cashews, almonds, water, salt, vanilla and water in high powered blender. Scrape sides with spatula as needed..
- 1 TB at a time, add Cacao powder and sugar, to taste and until blended into desired consistency.
- Enjoy immediately in filo cups, as a snack dip and more! Keep refrigerated until use. Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days. This can be frozen up to 1 month, but it's recommended to consume immediately for best taste.
- I use a Vitamix Blender but if you don't have a high-powered blender, I strongly recommend soaking the nuts overnight in water to soften prior to blending. (It will help the nuts soften and allow the texture be smoother as opposed to chunky.)
- For other options of sugar substitutes, you can also use 1:1 ratio of dates (remove pit), maple syrup, etc. Just make sure it's 1:1.
- If mixture thickens too much simply add more water to mixture, TB at a time, or if too runny, you can add in more cashews.
- You can substitute water for non-dairy milk 1:1 ratio.